The time has come for you to buy a new music stand and you are wondering which one you should choose. There are possibly hundreds of different types of stands available in the market which can make it confusing to choose. There are, however, some guidelines that you can follow to help choose a music stand that will serve you well:
• Make sure that you choose a stand that is sturdy. Its legs should sit properly on the floor and it should not be easy to upset – it will only interfere with your playing.
• Make sure that you buy from a manufacturer who is known for quality stands. Choose one that is made out of a long lasting material.
• You should buy a music stand that is easily portable. It should be light enough for you to be able to carry it around and when folded it should fit easily into your every day bag.
• You should be looking for a music stand that is adjustable – you want to able to play while sitting and standing. It should also swivel so that you can tilt it at whatever angle you are comfortable with.
• The best music stands have a shelf where you can keep away small items such as keys, a mobile phone and even a music book while playing.
• It is a good idea to buy a music stand light along with your music stand. This way you can test it to make sure that the it attaches to the stand properly.
One of the most reliable manufacturers of music stands in the market is RATStands. They have been in business for more than 40 years and are relied on by many of the top music houses in the world. They have a large variety of high quality music stands that you can choose from. You can find out more on their website, http://www.ratstands.com/.